Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WY ARRIVAL

2/7/09-2/15/09

Feb. 7th I drove the last 250 miles to my home town, Gillette, WY. By now you readers may be asking yourselves why I drove 1650 miles. I wanted to surprise someone special. I had not informed Mother that I was coming to see her. I called her from my cell phone as I walked down the hall to her apartment. As I knocked on the door, she continued to talk to me on the phone. What a look of surprise, shock and confusion on Mother’s face when she opened the door and saw me standing there! Notice she is still on the phone.


The last 10 days or so have gone by quickly as I helped Mother deep clean her apartment. It has been a treat for her to eat out with myself and other family members. We have played many cribbage games. She is a tough competitor and skunks me occasionally. My nephew, Danny and his wife Anna have joined us a several times for some great games. They also showed the great craftsmanship in their home. It is work they have done themselves is creating a wonderful, warm environment.

No comments: